Thursday, July 28, 2011

Let Go (Or Be Dragged)

In the practice of meditation, once we step out of our concern for security and are willing to be raw and rugged, personal, as we are, somehow a certain relaxation takes place. We discover that the more we let go, the more comes back to us, rather than that we lose our grip on anything. Thus a real relationship to our situation begins to develop.
You know I love me some Chogyam Trungpa.  

I am letting go of a lot these days.  My house is under-going renovations.  So, the actual, physical, 3-D situation around me is in the midst of transformation.  And yes, it can be a bit, uh, disconcerting.  The environment is raw and rugged for sure.  And relaxing into that can be challenging. For the most part, it remains exhilarating for me.  But at the end of the day I lay down exhausted-- in part from juggling all the little projects and decisions that arise to interrupt one another all day long (multi-tasking was never my strong suit), and in part, I am convinced, by just living with the energy inherent in a torn up, transforming situation.   For someone who really loves her comfy, cosy cocoon space, this is probably a good new taste to cultivate.

After all, the truth is, we are always in the midst of change.  

Love to you in the midst of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment